The Hybrid Portable Console
The GRi Simulations Hybrid Portable Console, featuring the VROV simulation system, is a powerful tool for pilot training, mission rehearsal and situational testing. The Hybrid Portable Console faithfully replicates the real-world controls and functions of an ROV pilot station in portable and customizable design. This portability is achieved through its low computing footprint and hardware requirements. Customization capability, which extends to the joystick and manipulator controls, ensures the simulator’s fidelity to the ROV system used in a particular operation.
Benefits and Features:
- Customizable Interfaces: The Hybrid Portable Console allows for the customization of ROV Control pages to accurately replicate the control configurations of each ROV. These controls include lights, tooling, pan and tilts.
- Touch Screen Interface: the Hybrid Portable Console is equipped with a touch screen interface, reflecting the current trend in user interfaces in the ROV industry.
- Controller Compatibility: The Hybrid Portable Console ensures that training is conducted on the correct joystick and manipulator controllers. This functionality is enabled by the customization capabilities of the right and left modules of the system, which consist of the ROV joystick and manipulator controls. In addition, the Hybrid Portable Console is compatible with a host of OEM ROV manipulator controllers, including the Schilling Master Controller.
- A Wide Range of Compatibility Options: GRi’s generic control system is equipped to operate over 15 different ROVs. A list of compatibility options includes:
- Saipem Innovator
- I-Tech Hercules, Centurion, Centurion SP, Centurion QX, Centurion QX Ultra
- Schilling UHD and HD
- Oceaneering Millennium and Magnum
The Hybrid Portable Console touch screen ROV Control software is customized to reflect the correct type of lighting, camera, and tooling controls for each ROV.
- Portability: the Hybrid Portable Console offers a hardware design that is mobile and compact to allow for transport. The Hybrid Portable Console maintains fidelity to equipment and procedures while providing a portable design. The entire system will pack into two portable ruggedized injection molded cases for transport.
- Sonar Compatibility: GRi’s sonar simulation is based on signal simulation, and communicates directly with sonar manufacturer’s top-side sonar software packages. The Hybrid Portable Console offers a variety of sonar simulation options including:
- Kongsberg MS1000
- Tritech Super Seaking, micron, and Seaprince
- Tritech Gemini Multibeam sonar
- Blueview Multibeam sonar
- Imagenex 881A sonar